Aurora is a powerful cloud-based mission control software suite designed to control a single satellite or a complete constellation through a user-friendly, fully customizable control web interface.
The app provides telemetry, trajectory updates, telecommand, and downstream through graphical and command line controls. A 2D/3D orbit visualization tool provides satellite tracking based on two-line orbital elements (TLE) propagation.
Telecommands can be generated, time-tagged, and uploaded via manual and database-retrievable telecommand stacks. Automatic warnings provide notification of predefined anomalies through emails and messaging. The system logs all commands, enabling historical analysis and creation of procedures to automate common tasks.
The interface can be adapted to the specific needs of each satellite operator, providing a versatile and modular suite of tools to support even the most complex and demanding missions. The app is accessible from any location through a variety of computer platforms, including mobile.
Thanks to a highly modular software architecture, Aurora can be tailored around the needs of the most common smallsat mission architectures. The app supports the CubeSat space protocol (CSP), which can be customized further. A high-performance cloud infrastructure, with extremely high reliability and availability, features AES256 encryption with 2FA token user authentication to ensure a state-of-the art cyber security protection. A worldwide network of ground stations, in partnership with Leaf Space and Amazon AWS Ground Station, ensures global coverage tailored to the needs and budget of any space mission.
- Always up to dateAurora's cloud architecture enables operators to significantly reduce mission costs by eliminating all the expenses connected to software design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Custom User InterfaceThe user interface can be customized to the needs and preferences of individual mission operators.
- Flexible IT infrastructureA web interface enables the use of cost effective commodity hardware to create the desired IT infrastructure. Operators can control satellites from any location through a variety of computer platforms, including mobile.
- Maximum FlexibilityAurora's software architecture is modular, and it can be tailored to support the most common CubeSat mission architectures.
- On-Demand Global CoverageA worldwide network of ground stations, in partnership with LeafSpace and Amazon AWS Ground Station, ensures a global coverage that can be tailored to the needs and the budget of any space mission.
- Mission Control as a ServiceOperators can completely outsource the control of the mission to D-Orbit and focus on data processing.
- State-of-the-art securityThe software is installed in a private cloud instance with AES256 encryption 2FA token user authentication, to ensure a state-of-the-art cyber security protection. Deployment on a private local server is also possible.