For many countries, access to space, satellites in orbit and data, is often dependent on foreign organizations. D-Orbit has devised a program to improve this situation.
Space is more than a new market: it is an opportunity for society to grow and diversify. The use of space and space data is growing fast and the appetite from emerging countries to expand is accelerating. There is a shared desire to make space affordable and accessible to all.
Based on these premises, D-Orbit's Distributed Space program aims at:
- Creating a network of modular and low-cost national space industries;
- Contributing to education, helping build a local talent pool in STEM fields, and creating new jobs;
- Retaining the best and brightest individuals within their local economies by supporting the creation of world-leading industries.
The benefits of D-Orbit's Distributed Space program include:
- Building local expertise and autonomy;
- Advanced training and education to foster the next generation;
- New market for local businesses;
- Creating tailored services for local markets (forest management; advanced agriculture services);
- Local services will benefit from existing D-Orbit expertise and infrastructure.